AIST > CBRC > SEQ > MCF
These talks have a lot of overlap, but there are some
differences between them as well.
- A talk (pdf) on "Bio-sequence
similarity search with spaced suffix arrays and subset suffix arrays"
(NII Shonan Meeting, Sep 2013).
- An educational lecture (pdf) on
finding and aligning related sequences (BioInfoSummer, University of
Adelaide, Dec 2012).
- A 4½ hour (!) introductory talk and tutorial (pdf) on "Prediction of homology between biological sequences" (Ochanomizu University, Oct 2012).
- A talk (pdf) on statistical
models for various types of sequence comparison (Tokyo, Oct
- With an embarrassing "Smith-Waterman-Gotoh-Frith" algorithm,
which I now realize is similar to the "repeated matches" algorithm
in the Durbin et al. textbook.
- A more-educational lecture
(pdf) on sequence comparison (Tokyo University, Jun 2012).
- A more-research lecture (pdf) that
describes my recent interests in sequence comparison (Tokyo
- A shorter talk (pdf) on
sequence comparison that I gave at ISCB-Asia 2011, in Kuala
- An older lecture (pdf) on sequence
comparison, with more algorithmic details (Kyoto University,
Notes & ideas
These are thoughts that I'm sharing with the world, so they have
more chance of being useful.
Last modified 2013-10-09